Saturday, December 11, 2010

I'm still Delirious


In my last post I talked about Daniel Palmer's upcoming new book Delirious.

I finally got a few minutes to start reading the ARC and nearly choked on my Cheerios. It seems that great minds think alike.

The setting for his first scene is one of my favorite places, and a place that is bigger than life in my current book as well. He set it at the center of the Golden Gate Bridge.

I have posted about this before, but it really is an amazing place. Perched almost three hundred feet above the water you have a magnificent view of San Francisco, or as most locals call it, "the city" to your right.

Straight ahead is Alcatraz, or as also commonly known as "the rock". To your left is Angel Island, one of my favorite places to hike. Behind you to the left is the Marin Headlands and in the distance Mt Tamalpais or as it's known "Mt Tam".

Continuing around behind you is the entrance to the Pacific Ocean also known as "the Pacific Ocean".

On a clear day about 30 miles out to sea you can just make out the Farallon Islands, a few seal covered rocks that are home to some of the best Ling Cod fishing in the area ( as long as you don't mind getting seasick from the swells).

It is truly a magical place and the reason that I picked it. I am sure that factored into Daniel's decision as well.

If you ever make it out to the Bay Area make sure you walk to the center of the bridge, you won't regret it. Who knows, you might see me there.

Don't forget that Daniel's contest is still running over at Daniel's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation, add insight, or disagree with us! We welcome your thoughts.