Friday, December 24, 2010

Have a Merry Book Christmas!

One year, someone close to me gave me the book Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury.

I had been feeling moody and blue, and probably a bit sorry for myself as teens are wont to do.

I loved that book. I read it in one sitting. Then, a few days later, I read it again. But more so, I loved the fact that someone gave me the book. It seemed to me it was the perfect book. I wasn't twelve, like the main character of the book.

But for just a little bit, from this gift of a book, I felt twelve, I really did, and the next day, I smiled.

This is why we write.

Merry Christmas everyone, from the intrepid staff of Adventures in Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation, add insight, or disagree with us! We welcome your thoughts.