Thursday, September 30, 2010

And another place...

Occasionally, I will post book reviews of novels I believe other writers should read. I write these reviews for writers, and you can find them here: HW Reviews.

My next review is Kiersten White's Paranormalcy. Right now, I'm trying to describe how useful it is to a writer without sounding like a stalker. White's book is interesting coming down the line after I've reviewed a self-published book, a small press book (well, semi-small press) and now a release from Harperteen. While I review each work on its merits and not some faux analysis of publishers and other irrelevant industry factoids, I'm digging the diversity of fiction that makes its way to my nightstand.

For a fiction reader, I am almost paralyzed with the superb offerings out there. Every time I hear that the industry is going to hell, the fiction reader in me thinks that statement is full of shit in terms of relevance.

De-centralization of the reading culture will cause people to lose jobs, companies to go splat and dirty laundry to wind up in the street. That's the nature of the beast, and at no time in history has being a reader been so fundamentally awesome as it is today.

Wow. I had no idea my little pointer to my reviews would generate a rant. I guess I'm feeling punchy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really interested to see what you think of the book. I own it, but I haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, add insight, or disagree with us! We welcome your thoughts.