Tuesday, August 3, 2010

So, Uh, Yes, I'm Michelle...


Good morning, everyone!

I'm new here, so I'm not quite sure where to begin. I know that I'm honored to have been invited to join this great site and the writers who post here. I guess I'll copy J.S. Chancellor and just introduce myself for today instead of trying to impress you with some deep, profound post. That might come later. Maybe...

I'll be posting here every Tuesday. I post over at The Literary Lab every Thursday, and once in a great while I post on my blog, The Innocent Flower, although that blog is no longer a place where I post anything besides updates. I save all the creative stuff for other places! You can also find me at my author site, Michelle Davidson Argyle. Yes, I like to blog. Can you tell?

I'm first and foremost a writer. I've been writing seriously for 14 years, and recently published my first book, a fantasy/literary novella titled Cinders. I also write short fiction, contemporary novels (um, spy thriller, anyone?), and I've currently got a YA novel in my files since I first started writing. It might take flight one day. It's starting to look like I don't know WHAT genre I should write in...kind of embarrassing!

I've also been a serious photographer for 6 years, and I have a 4-year-old daughter who sometimes drives me crazy. Okay, she always drives me crazy, but she's cute.

And that, I suppose, is it in a nutshell. Maybe most of you knew all of that already. If you did, I'll leave you with a little something that might inspire you for the day:

It is necessary to write, if the days are not to slip emptily by. How else, indeed, to clap the net over the butterfly of the moment? For the moment passes, it is forgotten; the mood is gone; life itself is gone. That is where the writer scores over his fellows: he catches the changes of his mind on the hop. ~Vita Sackville-West

6 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you, Michelle. Looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa! *goes to check out your blog...*

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome!! I haven't had my coffee or I'd say something clever. For now I'm giving you an IOU and a smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle! We're so glad you're here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Michelle, welcome, I look forward to your posts. It sounds like you've already had some good writing experiences. We want to know more.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, add insight, or disagree with us! We welcome your thoughts.