Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Music

I didn't listen to music while writing.

Lately, however, I've been tuning  out the outside world and listening to moody music. Odd. Normally, that would drive me nuts, distract me, cause me to go off on tangents, divert my brain, etc.

If I'm in the coffee shop, I certainly don't plug the earphones in. But at home, when everyone else is doing their thing, I fire up the MP3 library and pick an appropriate play list.

I'm curious: who listens to music while writing? If you do, what's on your play list?

Here: It's been Stacey Kent 24/7. Gotta get those love scenes down!

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for your amorous state after listening to the following:

2 comments:

  1. This was a beautiful song.

    I don't often listen to music while writing because I often find the song's lyrics seeping into my writing. Sometimes during an awesome action scene though, I love putting on a rock song!

    Write on and listen those awesome songs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listen to music, but it has to be the type with no lyrics, or in a language I don't understand. So I can listen to opera, thought there are only a few that I like (Carmen). Mostly it's smooth jazz, or symphony music when I am writing the middle of the book. When I write a heavy action scene, for some reason I will switch to techno, or dance, or if I'm really getting into it, trance. There's nothing like a heavy trance track to keep the blood pumping, though after a couple hours or so, I'm completely spent and will have to take a break.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, add insight, or disagree with us! We welcome your thoughts.