Friday, July 30, 2010

We're All Mad Here

The first post by a new author is always a little awkward isn't it? No one really knows where to put their hands.

So I'll make this quick and painless...

I'm honored to be joining the team here at Adventures in Writing. So honored in fact, I thought I'd bore you with a few things about myself:

In March of this year I was offered a book deal on my epic fantasy trilogy, Guardians of Legend (http://www.guardiansoflegend.com) which will debut in November 2010. The website for it is still sort of 'in construction' so...

I run a blog, also dedicated to the craft of fiction, at http://www.welcometotheasylum.net. I tend to get a little feisty there so it isn't for those who offend easily.

I've never met a hot sauce or a horror movie that I didn't like (OK, that's not totally true---Killer Clowns From Outer Space was a bust...)

Though I don't write it in the purest sense of the genre, I LOVE reading a good horror novel.

I'm a purest when it comes to writing. The story and the art of creation are everything.

So...yeah...that's about it for today. Nothing terribly insightful. Maybe next time I'll tell you about the time I ran into Chuck Norris...and how that translated into the longest writing stint in my career to date...maybe.

Best,
J.S.

4 comments:

  1. Hiya J.S.! Welcome and we're tickled pink to have you on board to grace us not just with your literary wisdom, but also with your fabulous charm and outstanding good looks.

    (how am I doing?)

    Yours,
    Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome J.S., glad to have you here. Congrats on the book deal and I look forward to your posts. Be sure to invite your reader friends on over. The more the merrier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you here! And I'm so excited about your book trilogy. You have no idea. :)

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, add insight, or disagree with us! We welcome your thoughts.