Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Saying Goodbye



Have you ever been in a situation where you knew what had to be said but you didn't know where to start? You blurt out the first word, and it sounds rushed or panicked or unprepared. Your heart pounds. Your palms sweat. And the truth is, it's not really that big of a deal. In a hundred years from now, no one will even remember.

Well, here I am.

I'm not saying goodbye. I am taking a leave of absence.

In my reflections, I've realized that I've broken several of the cardinal rules of blogging.
1. I've stopped responding to the lovely people who leave thoughtful comments.
2. I've stopped exploring the blogs of people who visit this blog.
3. I've stopped reading any sort of blogs at all.
4. In short, I've become an absentee landlady.

That's hardly acceptable.

I have no excuses. I've just sorta filled up my life with other things.

Thank you to my blogging team for so many excellent posts and writerly musings and thoughtful comments.

Thank you, kind readers, who stuck with me even though I strayed from the rules of good blogging.

I'm not saying goodbye. I am taking a leave of absence.


Keep writing. Keep dreaming. Keep sending out your words into the universe. And do drop me a line from time to time to let me know how you're making your way in this beautiful life.

2 comments:

  1. I say choose real life every time. Wishing you grand adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Tess! Much appreciated. I'm actually attempting to pursue a graduate degree. We'll see :)

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, add insight, or disagree with us! We welcome your thoughts.