Meet JoniB. Brave soul that she is, she took the plunge, wrote out her goal, and emailed me the picture. I am duly impressed.
Of course, anyone who quotes Pablo Neruda on her blog is tops in my book.
Though, Joni, I am curious: exactly what do you plan to write, genre-wise, content-wise, page-wise? I'm guessing a 40-ish page chapbook chock full of delicious poetry...but I'd hate to assume anything!
And thus, dear readers, your job for today is encouragement. Take a jaunt on over to Joni's blog and leave her a message that totally lights a fire...then scurry back here and craft a goal for yourself.
It's not too late to make a public writing commitment and send in your photo. In case you've forgotten the challenge already (or perhaps haven't read it yet), I've included it below for your review.
Alex Moore Challenge: Join me! Pick a new writing goal or achievement for the next year. It doesn't have to be fancy or stressful or inventive or creative. And don't select something just because it sounds classy or bookish or hip. It just has to be something that means something to you.
- Put new GOAL in writing. Use sticky note or parchment paper, whatever - just get it down.
- Find a picture that represents that goal. Rip it out of a magazine, doodle it, snap it with your iPhone.
- Tape them together & post in prominent place: mirror, bedside, locker, computer.
- Snap a picture of the duo -- and email to me. Let me post the pretty pics over the next 365 days on this blog. Well...er...at least on the Tuesdays of those 365 days... :)
- Include your goal in the comment section, too -- leave evidence of your hope in the blogosphere. We here at Adventures in Writing want to
ridiculesupport you as you reach for the stars.