Monday, January 11, 2010

Michael Palmer Book Contest


OK dear blog readers, I hinted about it last week, but it's finally here. The chance to win your very own FREE PERSONALIZED copy of Michael Palmer's newest medical thriller "The Last Surgeon".

In case you have lived under a rock for the last 20 years, Michael Palmer is the NY Times Best Selling Author of 15 successful medical thrillers. He was educated in the medical field and he uses that knowledge to write stories that feel so real, they are downright creepy.

I am still buzzing from the adrenaline rush of finishing "The Last Surgeon" in one day. It was the best page turner I've read in a while, and I hate to say it, but as I've progressed in my own writing, I've become quite picky.

It takes more than explosions and knife wielding crazy people for me to keep the pages turning, and Palmer did a fantastic job of mixing in a great story, with believable characters, and great action.

I have a complete review of the book on my personal blog.

So back to the contest.

I liked the rules that agent Nathan Bransford of Curtis Brown used for his contest so much, that I hijacked them and modified them to suit my needs. (I don't like reinventing the wheel)

So to win the FREE PERSONALIZED copy of "The Last Surgeon", (I did mention free right?), what you need to do is prove to me in 200 words or less how much of a Michael Palmer fan you are, and why you should win a FREE PERSONALIZED copy of "The Last Surgeon".

1. Please enter one Michael Palmer fan entry not to exceed 200 words in the comments section of this blog post.

2. You may enter once, and once you may enter.

3. Spreading the word about the contest is not only encouraged, it is strongly encouraged.

4. Snarky comments, anonymous or otherwise, about entries, the weather, the Na'vi tribe of blue people, and/or Mike Tyson will be deleted with relish. You will find the nearest free speech zone approximately 500 pixels away from this blog. (I absolutely loved that one Nathan)

5. Please please check and double-check your entry before posting. If you spot an error after posting: please do not re-post. I will go through the entries sequentially and the repeated deja vu repeated deja vu from reading the same entry only slightly different makes my head spin. I'm not worried about typos, nor should you be.

6. I will be the sole judge of the contest.

7. You must be at least 14 years old and less than 137 years old to enter. No exceptions.

8. I'm on Twitter! You can find me at @thenextwriter and I will be posting updates about the contest.

9. The deadline for this contest is 8:00 PM Pacific Time on Friday January 15th. I will be announcing the winner in my blog post on Jan 18th.

So there you have it. If you want a FREE PERSONALIZED copy of "The Last Surgeon" enter today.

2 comments:

  1. I am such a fan of Michael Palmer that I have searched the internet and entered every single giveaway for this book! And, don't tell Robin Cook this, but I think Michael is the king of the medical mystery! I just hope I never end up needing surgery in one the hospitals from his books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have long been a big fan of Michael Palmer and have all his books. I truly would love to win a copy of The Last Surgeon. He is by far the best medical suspense author ever.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, add insight, or disagree with us! We welcome your thoughts.