Thursday, December 17, 2009

An Article and a Competition

Newsweek came out with an excellent article about how 'Celebrity' is the newest kind of art form. It sounds silly, especially when I write it like that, but the article really does make a strong case, and makes great points about how perhaps the power of film or the power of novels pale in comparison to the power of a celebrity storyline.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/226457

Currently I'm getting my novel ready for the ABNA competition on Amazon.com again. I did it last year and was fortunate enough to place in the quarterfinals with a novel I'd written around seven years ago. This time I hope to get a little further with my newest novel, which I believe is a bit more suited to the competition. Anyone else planning on giving it a go?

Hope everyone's doing well out there.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your novel does well in he comp, Patrick.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought about entering, but..... not sure yet.

    Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, add insight, or disagree with us! We welcome your thoughts.