Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving/Black Friday

Recently I had a little success in the Glimmer Train Best Start Competition. They chose my 1,000 word WIP as one of the top 5%, and they're sending me $50, the most I've ever made from my fiction writing. It made my day, that's for sure. I'm not sure when they'll be doing the competition again, but I recommend to anyone out there who hasn't been able to get something printed in a magazine with a circulation over 3,000. That's the requirement.

For Black Friday, my wife and I will be shopping in Spokane. Am I the only one who never knows what he wants for Christmas? My family asks me every year and I never have one thing to tell them. Not one! (Except for the new Lost Season on DVD). I'd love nothing more than for them to corner an agent in a restaurant and show them my manuscript, because landing one seems like the farthest star in the sky at this moment.

Plans for Black Friday? Have a good Thanksgiving? Don't want anything for Christmas? =).

Hope everyone's doing well and is ridiculously full.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool on Glimmer Train. That is a bright and brilliant feather in anyone's cap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's great news!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, add insight, or disagree with us! We welcome your thoughts.