Friday, October 2, 2009

Revisions on my mind...

...I could almost put it to a country song.

So editing is coming right along! And I've gone and done a horrible thing, (perhaps).

I've emailed The Wonder Agent that I'll have her the completed (revised, betad) MS on Wednesday the 21st of October. It's tight, but I think I can do it. I need a cutoff date for this book.

There's a time where fidgeting and fidgeting over the same words becomes sort of useless, and I believe I'm slowly reaching that point. My goal is to have zero (0) misspelling errors, accurate punctuation (for sometimes I am a bit heavy with commas) and a cohesive, lovely narrative. Thanks to the eagle eyes of my beta readers, everything is falling into place.

This weekend and next will be completely devoted to lovely said MS, and during the week as well. I've finally cut and added the major chunks I needed to, and now it's just down to final polishing and critting.

So that's where I am in this crazy process. I know some of you in a post some time back told me how you're doing on yours. Where are you at now? Have you gone forward? Are you setting yourself a time frame, or just rollin'?

And, of course, HAPPY FRIDAY!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Friday!

    I have one more go-through eliminate a gazillion words left on my WiP RtQ (Work in Progress Ready to Query).

    I'm about to start the Second Draft phase of another WiP.

    I just sort of roll along, especially with the publishing industry in slow motion right now. When I'm done, I'll query! : )

    Best of luck on your revisions and meeting your deadline.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I need to set my own deadline, because I'm finding it too easy to do anything but revise. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a little over a third of the way through my current WIP, but I decided to do NaNoWriMo, so I have a(n absolutely crazy) goal of finishing the current WIP by the end of October so I can start the next one for November. Mind you, the storyboarding all needs to happen in October as well. And I work full time. So yay....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday to you too, and you're right, we couldn never end with the edits, but really must!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you. You sound focused.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats! way to push yourself :) you, dear, amaze me.

    as for me, well, it seems that the months of hard work and struggle and incubation are paying off. things are rolling. life is good. let's just hope it stays this way for awhile. i got to despairing there at the end :P

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, add insight, or disagree with us! We welcome your thoughts.