Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tools of the Trade, Part II

I'm so easy.

For Father's Day I received the second best writing accessory ever.

I've posted previously about the Brother laser printer.

The next item in my toolbox is my laptop lap desk. It's just a piece of durable plastic with some unobtrusive padding underneath.

And this, my friends, prevents my lap from BURSTING INTO FLAMES FROM THE HEATED LAPTOP BLOODY HELL IS DELL TRYING TO BURN MY PRIVATES OFF?!?!?

Literally, my endurance, for sitting in The Overstuffed Green Chair Of Love Next to My Gorgeous Piano, which is also next to The Window to Outside with a Nice View of the Yard, has practically doubled.

How did I ever work without one?

I love you laptop lap desk. I love you very much. And thank you for saving my nether bits from overheating in my shorts.


9 comments:

  1. Those people at Dell. I knew they were twisted.

    Really, though, a good item to have :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My laptop desk has cooling fans built into it as well as some extra USB ports - I love it.

    Speaking of overheating, did you hear about the exploding Ipods?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was an article online a couple of years ago about a man who gave himself 1st degree burns down there - so glad you've been spared!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just be glad that you don't have one of the exploding laptops. That would leave a mark :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sooo need this! Last night I wanted to take a bath in Neosporin after a particularly long writing session. Where did you get the fabulous laptop lap table?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Amanda: My wife ordered it from Amazon, I believe. The link is in the post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. practical and funny post

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. indeed - my mom actually got me one! and she also picked up one of those fan things to set it on too...which I haven't yet used. but i use the lap desk mucho.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES! CURSE DELL! Idjits. I have the one with fans because it is so hot here. Works beautifully, saves me a lot of worry!

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, add insight, or disagree with us! We welcome your thoughts.