Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Place for Ideas, a Random Video, and a Little Success

Seeing how it’s July, and most of us (well, me) are aching to run around outside and not be in front of a computer, I wanted to take this time, or space, to ask other readers what they want in a writing blog? I’m not sure if this will work, but I’m curious as to what people are searching for and not finding.

For example, most of us all know about Duotrope, the website with over 2000 magazines on record. But I would personally like to see what happens AT the magazine after your story has been submitted. So far I’ve found one of my favorite literary journals, The Missouri Review, has a youtube video. If you type in Missouri Review: Life of a Manuscript…you can begin to understand what’s happening after you submit your story to a magazine. It’s pretty cool, and worth a 4-minute view. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak3L9FOtNc4

That’s about all I have. I did just yesterday receive an acceptance at Every Day Fiction for a flash fiction I wrote. I urge everyone to check out EDF. It’s not a pro market, but it is a great place to maybe get started, or, if you’ve already published, you can still get feedback, and, if your story does quite well, it may even get nominated for a Pushcart Prize, or be put in their anthology.

4 comments:

  1. great clip. much enjoyed, actually. thanks for including it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem. Thanks for your characters that resonate post. I've been poor at getting around to summarizing the Write On the River conference, so what you wrote was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your fiction sale! And thanks for posting the video link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. I'm going to go look for the story.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, add insight, or disagree with us! We welcome your thoughts.