Friday, July 3, 2009

Hello from Berlin!

I've missed you all terribly.

I thought about what post I wanted to write today all through my new job. "Maybe beginnings?" I mused, translating something with a particularly deft touch. "Perhaps middles?" I wondered as I stared out the window to a lovely fresh summer rain. It made everything so sparkly. "No, definitely endings," I decided as I walked out and into the hot miasma of muggy soup outside the door (did I mention that over here they Do Not Believe in air conditioning?)

Then I knew. No pithy long posts for me today, kids, I want to say thank you for reading. Thanks for commenting, thanks for watching this blog. My fellow writers here I'm just in awe of, their dedication and skills are outstanding.

With these sort of writers going forward, our literary world is in good hands.

Lots of love from the new flat with the NEW INTERNET (as of five minutes ago) in Berlin, and look for that pithy writerly shiz here next week, same bat time, same bat station,

me.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy this new journey in Berlin. And I hope you get used to the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're on quite an adventure!

    Talk to you soon,
    Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo for INTERNET!! I know that was a painful process... but now you've got it. Phew! Let the withdrawal symptoms subside!

    (So glad you are loving Berlin, and your new job!)

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, add insight, or disagree with us! We welcome your thoughts.