Friday, June 12, 2009

Today?

Today, you must forgive me. We're in the midst of a 72-hour operation to pack our entire house for a move to Berlin, and I only just realized today is Friday (I kept thinking it was Wednesday for some reason).

So I'd like to ask you something about you:

- what are you working on right now?
- how far are you into it?
- what are your plans for it? (i.e., query, pub, what exactly?)
- have you set yourself a goal to finish it?
- how's that goal looking?

I might be a little odd the next couple weeks, but I'll be back in force in July. Promise.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, talk about a project--moving to Berlin!

    Working on women's fiction
    I'm 36,000 words in
    will query prob. next spring
    wanting to finish rough by sept.
    i think i can, i think i can, i think i can.

    Happy Trails,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I've always wanted to say something like that. Been to Europe a few times. Never been to Germany.

    Send some postcards?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite a move!
    My goal is to get through a first draft of a new WIP by the end of August.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Working on a science fiction novel.
    2. 18K in, on the third version of the story *sigh*.
    3. Plan is to finish, revise and then decide if it's worth shopping around.
    4. Should be done by the end of the year.
    5. Still on track to achieve the goal...as long as I don't do any more 9000 word cuts...

    Hope the move goes smoothly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Working on a thriller. I have completed the second edit and in the process of reading it to the wife (final critic). I'm going to start on my query soon, and look to meet with agents at Thrillerfest in New York in mid July.

    Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete

Join the conversation, add insight, or disagree with us! We welcome your thoughts.